Ohmega detects reflux activity using Impedance and categorizes these reflux episodes as acidic or non-acidic (weakly acidic), using traditional pH measurement. Gas and mixed liquid/gas reflux episodes are analyzed as well.
Traditional pH recording only records acidic pH reflux episodes. Impedance-pH detects both acidic and non-acidic reflux episodes. Combined Impedance-pH recording is clinically useful in the evaluation of symptoms under PPI therapy, as well as for hoarse-ness, unexplained cough, and applications of particular interest .
The Virtual Instructor Program™ helps to complete the procedure successfully with minimal training. Bluetooth® capabilities make it possible to view and check data on a computer monitor while recording. The intelligent symptom analysis software quantifies reflux episodes quickly and simply.
The Ohmega is available in different configurations. Contact us to find the right version for you.
Some LABORIE products may not be available in certain regions.
Please contact your local LABORIE Sales Representative to learn more about the products available to you.
State-of-the-Art Features and Functionality:
- Online view of data recording with Bluetooth® technology.
- High-quality signal recording can be verified before the patient leaves the clinic.
- Intelligent symptom analysis software quantifies reflux episodes quickly and provides information about the correlation between symptoms and events.
Seamless Built-In Virtual Instructor Program™ (VIP):
- Comprehensive and user-friendly, it guides you through each reflux measurement procedure
- Requires minimal training, saving time and money while allowing more focus on the patient
- Successfully complete esophageal reflux measurement in six steps
- Impedance Contour Plot for fast and easy analysis
- HL7 and EMR/HIS connectivity.
- Network capability.
Procedure Type: Impedance-pH Recording
Compatibility: pH only or Impedance-pH (combined)
Power: 1x AA battery
Dimensions: 2.7 cm x 8.8 cm x 12.9 cm (1.1 in x 3.5 in x 5.1 in)
Weight: 0.2 kg (0.4 lbs.) incl. battery
Impedance Channels: Up to 12
pH Channels: 4 Antimony
LES Locator: Yes
Pressures: Up to 4
Data Transmission: USB/Bluetooth®
Impedance Sample Rate: 50 Hz
+ Clinical Information
Impedance-pH Reflux Measurement to assist in the diagnosis of GERD
What is Impedance?
Impedance measurement can be used to assist in detecting GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease) and distinguish acid and weakly acidic refluxes causing symptoms.
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) is caused by the reflux of gastric contents into the esophagus. Typical patient symptoms are heartburn, regurgitation, and chest pain. These patient groups are often on PPI medication, but non-acidic reflux can still cause symptoms.
Traditional pH recording only records acidic pH reflux episodes. Impedance-pH detects both acidic and non-acidic reflux episodes.
Combined Impedance-pH recording is clinically useful in the evaluation of symptoms under PPI therapy, as well as for hoarseness, unexplained cough, and applications of particular interest1., 2.
LABORIE is passionate about bringing freedom and dignity to patients suffering from gastroenterological diseases and disorders through innovation in diagnostic and treatment options. We work with leading clinician-researchers and local universities to incorporate the most recent advancements and technical knowledge into our products while reflecting practical realities of the typical GI clinic.
1. Gyawali CP, Kahrilas PJ, Savarino E, Zerbib F, Mion F, Smout AJPM, Vaezi M, Sifrim D, Fox MR, Vela MF, Tutuian R, Tack J, Bredenoord AJ, Pandolfino J, Roman S. Modern diagnosis of GERD: the Lyon Consensus. Gut. 2018 Jul;67(7):1351-1362.
2 Savarino E, Marabotto E, Zentilin P, Frazzoni M, Sammito G, Bonfanti D, Sconfienza L, Assandri L, Gemignani L, Malesci A, Savarino V. The added value of impedance-pH monitoring to Rome III criteria in distinguishing functional heartburn from non-erosive reflux disease. Dig Liver Dis. 2011 Jul;43(7):542-7.