Ambulatory Impedance-pH Recorder
Ohmega is a small, lightweight ambulatory system that combines Impedance recording and pH recording. As a result, the Ohmega detects reflux activity using Impedance and categorizes these reflux episodes as acidic or non-acidic (weakly acidic), using traditional pH measurement. Gas and mixed liquid/gas reflux episodes are analyzed as well.
The built-in Virtual Instructor Program™ helps you successfully complete the procedure with minimal training. Bluetooth® capabilities make it possible to view and check data on a computer monitor while recording. The intelligent symptom analysis software quantifies reflux episodes quickly and simply.
Some LABORIE products may not be available in certain regions.
Please contact your local LABORIE Sales Representative to learn more about the products available to you.
Seamless Built-In Virtual Instructor Program™ (VIP):
- Comprehensive and user-friendly, it guides you through each reflux measurement procedure.
- Requires minimal training, saving time and money while allowing more focus on the patient.
- Successfully complete esophageal reflux measurement in 6 steps.
Highly-Intuitive Built-in Software:
- Intelligent symptom analysis software quantifies reflux episodes quickly and provides information about the correlation between symptoms and events.
- Impedance Contour Plot for fast and easy analysis.
State-of-the-Art Features and Functionality:
- Online view of data recording with Bluetooth® technology.
- High-quality signal recording can be verified before the patient leaves the clinic.
Diagnose Patients on PPI Therapy:
- Impedance-pH detects both acidic and non-acidic reflux episodes.
- Combined Impedance-pH recording is clinically useful in the evaluation of symptoms under PPI therapy, as well as hoarseness, unexplained cough and applications of particular interest.
Normal / Reference Values:
- Normal values according to Zerbib 1., 2. et al.
- Child results for children under 18 years old according to reference values Misra3.
Optimize Workflow :
- HL7 and EMR/HIS connectivity.
- Network capability.
Upgrade Options include:
- Sleeplab Interface Unit – for a maximum of 16 analogue channels.
1.Zerbib et al., Normal values and day-to-day variability of 24-h ambulatory oesophageal impedance-pH monitoring in a Belgian-French cohort of healthy subjects, Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2005; 22: 1011-1021
2.Zerbib et al., Normal values of pharyngeal and esophageal twenty-four hour pH impedance in individuals on and off therapy and interobserver reproducibility, Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2013; 11: 366-372
3.Dr. Misra, Can acid (pH) refluxes predict multichannel intraluminal impedance refluxes? A correlation study, Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology 25 (2010) 817–822
Procedure Type: Impedance-pH Recording
Compatibility: pH only or Impedance-pH (combined). ISFET, Antimony pH and Impedance-pH catheters
Power: 1x AA battery
Dimensions: 2.7 cm x 8.8 cm x 12.9 cm (1.1 in x 3.5 in x 5.1 in)
Weight: 0.2 kg (0.4 lbs.) incl. battery
Impedance Channels: Up to 12
pH Channels: 4 Antimony, 2 ISFET
LES Locator: Yes
Pressures: Up to 4
Data Transmission: USB/Bluetooth®
Impedance Sample Rate: 50 Hz
Optional Accessories: Sleeplab Output (16 channels)
+ Clinical Information
Impedance-pH Reflux Measurement to Diagnose GERD
What is Impedance?
Impedance measurement can be used to detect GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease) and distinguish acid and weakly acidic refluxes causing symptoms.
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) is caused by the reflux of gastric contents into the esophagus. Typical patient symptoms are heartburn, regurgitation, and chest pain. These patient groups are often on PPI medication, but non-acidic reflux can still cause symptoms.
Traditional pH recording only records acidic pH reflux episodes. Impedance-pH detects both acidic and non-acidic reflux episodes.
Combined Impedance-pH recording is clinically useful in the evaluation of symptoms under PPI therapy, as well as for hoarseness, unexplained cough, and applications of particular interest.
LABORIE is passionate about bringing freedom and dignity to patients suffering from gastroenterological diseases and disorders through innovation in diagnostic and treatment options. We work with leading clinician-researchers and local universities to incorporate the most recent advancements and technical knowledge into our products while reflecting practical realities of the typical GI clinic.