The CONTImove S is a combined electrical stimulation biofeedback system for the treatment of spastic pelvic floor and stress, urge, mixed and fecal incontinence at home.
Some LABORIE products may not be available in certain regions.
Please contact your local LABORIE Sales Representative to learn more about the products available to you.
- Multi-channel EMG recordings.
- Biphasic electrical stimulation system.
- Modulated (alternated) stimulation for more effective outcomes
- Combined EMG biofeedback and electrical stimulation in the periodic exchange.
- EMG-triggered stimulation for dynamic therapy.
- Various display options for electromyography guidance.
- Customizable Protocols.
- High data storage during training.
- Data to PC transfer capability.
- PC wireless connectivity via infrared interface.
Procedure Type: Treatment of spastic pelvic floor and stress, urge, mixed and fecal incontinence.
+ Clinical Information
The pelvic floor muscles play an important role in maintaining continence. In the management of urinary incontinence, Biofeedback can be used for training the patient’s pelvic floor muscles. As the first line therapy for urinary incontinence, Biofeedback gives a visual representation of a change in measured channel (i.e. pressure, EMG, flow or a combination of channels).
The goal of biofeedback is to:
- Enhance pelvic muscles’ awareness
- Promote pelvic muscles’ function and coordination
- Minimize using of accessory muscles
Electric Muscle Stimulation (EMS) involves delivering a small electrical current to the pelvic floor muscles to:
- Produce a reflex muscle contraction
- Contract pelvic floor muscles
- Relax and inhibit pelvic floor muscles (as seen in urinary retention or pelvic pain therapy)
Biofeedback + Stimulation
With LABORIE Contimove S, Stimulation is used as an adjunct to pelvic muscle exercises. Mixed biofeedback and stimulation protocols are highly effective to:
- Provide a passive contraction that increases awareness of pelvic floor muscle contractions in general
- Assist with identification and isolation of pelvic muscles
- Increase pelvic muscle contraction strength
- Decrease unwanted or uninhibited detrusor (bladder) muscle contraction
- Assist with normalizing pelvic muscle relaxation
LABORIE is passionate about bringing freedom and dignity to patients suffering from pelvic floor disorders through innovation in diagnostic and treatment options. We work with leading clinician-researchers and local universities to incorporate the most recent advancements and technical knowledge into our products while reflecting practical realities of the typical pelvic floor clinic.