To support rapid business growth, Laborie has an immediate requirement for a Technical Support Representative Level 1 at our corporate head office in Mississauga.
As a member of the Service department, you will call upon your excellent communication and troubleshooting skills to act as a Technical Support Representative Level 1. The position focuses on providing support to our customers on the maintenance and operation of our products. Our team assists customers by diagnosing system problems and providing technical resolutions. Your major responsibilities center on ensuring superior customer service and actively promoting all Technical Service offerings. You consistently seek and suggest methods to improve systems and processes within the organization that improve product quality and the customer experience.
This position reports to the North American Service Manager.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Analyze initial client issues relating to technical support, and provide answers by identifying problems; sourcing answers; guiding client through corrective steps
- Analyze and/or isolate the root cause of issues
- Maintain and record issues in a clear and concise manner using the Technical Support Centre tools
- Maintaining technical knowledge and learning new products as required
- Use troubleshooting techniques to identify technical issues and follow guidelines to assist customers in the resolution.
- Escalate problems to Senior Technicians when required
- Alpha testing of new Laborie Medical Technologies equipment
- Ability to multitask effectively during busy times; exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations and when dealing with clients
- Work overtime and holidays when needed which will be credited at a future date
- Provide after hours support to clients via phone when needed
Education and Professional Qualifications:
- Technical College Diploma (minimum)
- Superior customer service skills and previous experience interacting with customers
- Excellent telephone, verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Thorough knowledge of PC operating systems, applications, and technologies
- Thorough understanding of network protocols and implementations
- Demonstrated skills in time management, planning, prioritization and administration
- Ability to analyze and solve technical problems by effectively communicating with customers
- Must be flexible to work shifts between 8am and 8pm
- A+ an asset
As a successful candidate you must be a self-motivated, proactive and resourceful individual with a strong work ethic and excellent interpersonal skills.
If you meet the above requirements, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
LABORIE is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.
Laborie is committed to providing access, and reasonable accommodation in our services, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities.