At this time we have a unique opportunity for an energetic, independent, Supply Chain Manager with strong leadership skills who will focus on adopting measures that will positively impact cost benefits for the company. You will take ownership in the department’s objectives and drive improvements. You will also fulfill (and backfill) buyer role focused on applying analytics as a basis for planning, executing and controlling day to day purchasing process, including forecasting, PO management, master data, supplier management and performance monitoring.
You are a team player, independent solution finder and problem solver with strong analytical skills.
- Manage Purchasing team for Engineering Change management responsibilities for all new and current programs, with emphasis on costing, quoting, planning and implementation of supplier parts and contracts.
- Analyze current processes, identify improvement opportunities, and implement improvements to business processes and/or infrastructure in order to enhance the supply chain function.
- Manage the company’s supply portfolio ensuring transparency of spending.
- Analyse and calculate costs of procurement and suggest methods to decrease expenditure.
- Optimize sourcing procedures to attain maximum output.
- Ensure compliance with ISO 13485 and FDA 21 CFR Section 820.50 maintaining supplier control process.
- Manage procurement related functions (e.g., implement contract management and procurement frameworks, sourcing strategies, negotiate agreements, draft and manage contracts, etc.) Manage contractor and subcontractor activities, reviewing proposals, developing performance specifications, and serving as a liaison with the organizations.
- Manage and strategically execute spend in excess of $30MM annually assuring legal, quality, timing and brand image is maintained.
- Identify opportunities and liaise with strategic supply management group.
- Manage MRP information and place orders, reschedule, and expedite accordingly, ensuring maximum cost/quantity/delivery optimization.
- Supplier sourcing, evaluation, selection and contractualization of hardware, PCB’s, electronic and peripheral components to support manufacturing.
- Collaborate with staff, other departments, senior management, and decision makers to share information, problem solve, and to clarify management objectives.
- Champion the Laborie Way of purchasing, supporting the use and development of standard procurement practices and procedures and utilizing strategic sourcing principles.
- Provide support for all new product development initiatives.
- Lead and support outsourced manufacturing activities such as sourcing, vendor management, contractualization, coordination and monitoring of purchasing inputs and status against
- Maintain purchasing data integrity of system within area of responsibility by continuously monitoring purchase and item parameters and revision levels.
Project & Process Improvement
- Participate in and lead projects relating to supply chain and purchasing as required.
- Mapping current processes and recommend processes improvements to the company’s operating procedures.
- Continuous improvement and corrective action activities relating to area of responsibility.
- Minimum BA degree in business/engineering/supply chain management, MBA preferred
- Understanding of market dynamics and sound businessjudgement
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships
- Comfortable with figures and collecting, analyzing and interpreting data
- Solidjudgementwith ability to make good decisions
- Results oriented, metricsdrivenindividual with a root cause, proactive, continuous improvement approach that “owns” the processes; six sigma experience preferred
- Highly developed analytical and quantitative skills
- Advanced Excel, Access, MS Projects, Visio process mapping and other and Microsoft office suites
- Advanced ERP systems experience (Purchasing, Inventory Management Modules) within a manufacturing environment, minimum 5 years’ experience
- Excellent written/verbal communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Experience in an ISO 13485 manufacturing facility is an asset
- Negotiation skills and the ability to comprehend new information rapidly and integrate same to create successful outcomes
- A strong interest in the field of medicine, technology, and innovation
- Highly organized with well-developed time-management skills and processes for managing priorities in one’s own work and that of other
- Ability to assume responsibility and take independent action
- PMAC, CPP (Certified Professional Purchaser), CPIM, SCMP designations preferred
If you meet the above requirements, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LABORIE is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.
Laborie is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in our services, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities.