High Resolution Anorectal Manometry (HRAM) COURSE
Laborie is pleased to offer a practice-based course on assessment of anorectal function and structure. The emphasis of the course will be on high resolution anorectal manometry (HRAM) and endo-anal ultrasound.
To enhance knowledge of testing of function and structure of the anorectum, in order to improve test performance in daily clinical practice.
- Approach to the patient with anorectal dysfunction
- Diagnostic testing in faecal incontinence and constipation
- Performance and interpretation of HRAM
- Interactive demonstration of HRAM test procedures
- Interpretation of endo-anal ultrasound for evaluation of anal sphincter structure
- Protocol guidelines for HRAM
- Normal values for HRAM – what data are out there?
- Diagnosis and classification of functional anorectal disorders
- How do equipment set up and study protocol affect results?
- Discussion of clinical cases
- Hands-on practice in editing and report generation
- Hands-on practice in using the Laborie / MMS systems and catheters
- Troubleshooting ‘What to do when things go wrong’
- Participants are encouraged to present their own cases followed by discussion
Pelvic floor surgeons and urogynaecologists, gastroenterologists with an interest in functional bowel disorders, higher trainees in these disciplines, clinical physiologists, and colorectal nurse specialists.
MD PhD Mark Scott
Director, and one of the founders of the internationally-renowned GI (Colorectal) Physiology Unit at Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry
Queen Mary University
Dr Emma Victoria Carrington
Lecturer Colorectal Surgery
University College Dublin
The registration fee includes 3 nights’ accommodation, 2 dinners, and 3 lunches.
The maximum attendance for this training course is 24 participants.
For more information, please call +31 53 4803700 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO REGISTER
- Click the Register button below
- Under the RSVP tab, enter the number of registrants
- Enter participant(s) information
- Click confirm RSVP