The Urostym® is a state-of-the-art, full clinic-based non-surgical pelvic floor rehabilitation system that provides effective treatment for different lower urinary tract dysfunctions such as urinary incontinence (stress, urge, mixed), fecal incontinence, constipation, urinary retention and voiding dysfunctions.
With leading-edge pre-defined protocols, user-friendly protocol customization and easy reporting function, Urostym offers the most reliable and effective pelvic floor therapy program in the world for adult and pediatric patients.
Rely on Urostym to also provide the tools to help streamline your workflow, increase productivity and maximize your return on investment.
Some LABORIE products may not be available in certain regions.
Please contact your local LABORIE Sales Representative to learn more about the products available to you.
- Default PFR protocols automatically calculate the muscle’s fatigue point, which is essential to assess the pelvic floor’s strength and determine the most effective rehab program for the patient.
- EMG-Uroflow protocols to perform uroflowmetry and EMG studies simultaneously (When the LABORIE Uroflowmeter Urocap III is linked to Urostym).
- Custom protocols can be designed by the user to suit the needs of your practice.
- Reduced keystrokes, procedure consistency and automated archiving and reporting help improve productivity.
- Urostym is available as standalone or integrated with Urocap III wireless uroflowmeter for performing EMG-Uroflowmetry study simultaneously.
- Auto-Calculated Fatigue Point
- Defines, tailors and optimizes patients’ Pelvic Muscle Exercise (PME) program based on their demonstrated abilities.
- Alternating Stimulation
- Reduces muscle accommodation resulting in improved results and more rapid positive outcomes.
- Pediatric Games
- All the biofeedback protocols can be switched into the game mode to turn the therapy session into a fun and engaging experience for children.
- EMR Connectivity
- Integrate clinical data with your EMR for a paperless environment.
Industry-Leading Clinical Support:
- LABORIE nursing specialists and CME training courses available.
- Comprehensive reports that support medical necessity documentation.
- Reimbursement specialists available to provide counseling tailored to your practice (applies to USA market only).
Procedure Type: Pelvic Muscle Rehabilitation
Computer Type: Laptop, Windows 10 64-bit
Monitor Size: 15.4 in
Printer: Color Inkjet
Built-in Channels: 1 Dual EMG/ Stimulation channel, 1 EMG Channel, 1 Manometry Channel
Dimensions: 44 cm x 25 cm x 9.3 cm (17 in x 9.8 in x 3.6 in)
Weight: 1.7 kg (3.8 lbs.)
Optional Accessories: Uroflowmetry
+ Clinical Information
Pelvic muscle rehabilitation (PMR) is a technique that uses EMG-biofeedback to improve pelvic floor strength by helping patients learn to control/contract the proper muscle groups through increased awareness. The application gives a visual representation of a change in a measured channel. Biofeedback can react on a pressure channel, an EMG channel or a combination of two channels.
The goal of biofeedback is to:
- Enhance pelvic muscles’ awareness
- Promote pelvic muscles’ function and coordination
- Minimize using of accessory muscles
Electric Muscle Stimulation (EMS) involves delivering a small electrical current to the pelvic floor muscles to:
- Produce a reflex muscle contraction
- Contract pelvic floor muscles
- Relax and inhibit pelvic floor muscles (as seen in urinary retention or pelvic pain therapy)
Biofeedback + Stimulation
With LABORIE Urostym, Stimulation is used as an adjunct to pelvic muscle exercises. Mixed biofeedback and stimulation protocols are highly effective to:
- Provide a passive contraction that increases awareness of pelvic floor muscle contractions in general
- Assist with identification and isolation of pelvic muscle
- Increase pelvic muscle contraction strength
- Decrease unwanted or uninhibited detrusor (bladder) muscle contraction
- Assist with normalizing pelvic muscle relaxation
LABORIE is passionate about bringing freedom and dignity to patients suffering from pelvic floor disorders through innovation in diagnostic and treatment options. We work with leading clinician-researchers and local universities to incorporate the most recent advancements and technical knowledge into our products while reflecting practical realities of the typical pelvic floor clinic.