We are a recognized market leader in urodynamics, a pedigree that demands ongoing commitment to excellence in product design engineering. At this time we have an amazing opportunity for a dynamic, enthusiastic individual to join our R&D team as an Embedded Firmware Developer. You will be responsible for the full lifecycle of designing, developing, modifying, testing, debugging and supporting new and existing firmware.
This role is for an individual who has a passion for technology and is keen on finding solutions to complex tasks. As LABORIE develops the next generation of diagnostic equipment, the firmware developer will contribute to the selection of tools, RTOS, and architecture prior to leading the firmware development.
- Design and development of Embedded Firmware for LABORIE products.
- Assist project managers in estimating project timelines and optimizing development plans.
- Testing the prototypes and creating the design documents.
- Support manufacturing, quality and service with investigation, diagnostic testing and any associated design or manufacturing corrections for system, hardware and software.
- Product compliance testing and troubleshooting towards IEC 60601 standards.
- Minimum five years of embedded software experience.
- B. Sc. in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Sciences or Engineering Sciences.
- Extensive experience in embedded C/C++ programming.
- Strong understanding of RTOSs for embedded systems.
- ARM processor experience an asset.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Medical experience (IEC 60601) an asset.
- Hardware experience an asset.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team setting.
- Experience in participating in new product development teams.
If you meet the above requirements, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
LABORIE is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.
LABORIE is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in our services, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities.”